SOUTHWEST ASIA – On March 25, coalition military forces continued to attack ISIL terrorists in Syria, using fighter, attack and bomber aircraft to conduct five airstrikes. Separately in Iraq, coalition military forces conducted 24 airstrikes approved by the Iraqi Ministry of Defense, using fighter, bomber and remotely piloted aircraft against ISIL terrorists. All strikes took place between 8 a.m. March 25, and 8 a.m. March 26, local time.
The following is a summary of the strikes conducted since the last press release:
• Near Ar Raqqah, an airstrike struck an ISIL military garrison.
• Near Kobani, four airstrikes struck two ISIL tactical units, five ISIL fighting positions and destroyed two ISIL fighting positions.
• Near Bayji, an airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit.
• Near Fallujah, three airstrikes struck three ISIL tactical units and two ISIL fighting positions.
• Near Mosul, two airstrikes struck an ISIL checkpoint and an ISIL staging area.
• Near Tal Afar, an airstrike struck an ISIL fighting position.
• Near Tikrit, 17 airstrikes struck multiple ISIL buildings, two ISIL bridges, three ISIL checkpoints, two ISIL staging areas, two ISIL berms, an ISIL roadblock and an ISIL command and control facility.
Airstrike assessments are based on initial reports. All aircraft returned to base safely.
The strikes were conducted as part of Operation Inherent Resolve, the operation to eliminate the ISIL terrorist group and the threat they pose to Iraq, Syria, the region, and the wider international community. The destruction of ISIL targets in Syria and Iraq further limits the terrorist group's ability to project terror and conduct operations. Coalition nations which have conducted airstrikes in Iraq include Australia, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Jordan, Netherlands, United Kingdom and U.S. Coalition nations which have conducted airstrikes in Syria include Bahrain, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates and U.S.
Tikrit Airstrike Videos:
• March 25 Strike on Daesh Defensive position
• March 25 Strike on Daesh Defensive position, clip 2
• March 25 Strike on Daesh Defensive position, clip 3
• March 25 Strike on Daesh Defensive position, clip 4
• March 25 Strike on Daesh Roadblock
• March 25 Strike on Daesh Roadblock, clip 2
• March 25 Strike on Daesh controlled bridge
• March 25 Strike on Daesh-controlled bridges
• March 25 Strike on Daesh compound
• March 25 Strike on Daesh staging area
|Date Posted:||03.26.2015 20:07|
This work, Military airstrikes continue against ISIL in Syria and Iraq, is free of known copyright restrictions under U.S. copyright law.