MILLINGTON, TN, UNITED STATES
MILLINGTON, Tenn. – The Navy’s top recruiter, Rear Adm. Annie B. Andrews, commander, Navy Recruiting Command, has announced the national selections for Recruiters of Year for Fiscal Year 2013:
• ROY Enlisted Active Component (AC) - HT1 Dustin Grover, Navy Recruiting District (NRD) Portland
• ROY Enlisted Reserve Component (RC) - HT2 (SS) Caleb Minson, NRD New England
• ROY Officer (AC) - QM2 (SW) Robert Baetz, NRD Raleigh
• ROY Officer (RC) - LT Kathryn Gelenter, NRD Minneapolis
• Nuclear Field Coordinator of the Year - EM1 (AW/SW) Thomas Bosarge, NRD Houston
• Station Leading Chief Petty Officer (LCPO)/Leading Petty Officer (LPO) of the Year - NC1 Ryan Schlotfeld, NRD Minneapolis
• Classifier of the Year - PS1 (SW/AW) Stephanie Perry, NRD Los Angeles
• Divisional LCPO/LPO of the Year – NCC (SW/AW) Kevin Kikawa, NRD Portland
• Diversity Enlisted of the Year - EA2 (SCW) Larzon Ong, NRD San Francisco
• Diversity Officer of the Year - NCC John Marullo, NRD San Francisco
• Medical Officer ROY – HMC (FMF/SW/AW) Joseph Rawson, NRD Philadelphia
• Nuclear Propulsion Officer Candidate Program (NUPOC) Officer ROY, MMC Sergio Palacios, NRD Philadelphia
• Naval Special Warfare (NSW)/Naval Special Operations (NSO) ROY - CE2 Mark Durand, NRD New England
• Support Person of the Year - NC1 (SW) Archie Anz, NRD San Diego
This year’s 14 ROY award recipients were selected from the top twenty-six nominees for each category from across the nation in a very competitive selection board process. Each awardee is recognized for outstanding performance in their recruiting duties which directly contributes to the Navy’s fleet readiness and capability. An annual ROY awards ceremony typically takes place in January in Washington, D.C. This year’s ROY celebrations are tentatively scheduled for Jan. 26-31.
In addition to the ROY winners, Navy Recruiting District San Francisco was recognized with the Navy Recruiting Command Gold “R” award, which is similar to a Battle “E” award in the fleet. The Gold “R” recognizes the top Recruiting District across the Nation.
Approximately 5,000 Navy recruiters are on duty around the clock across the country to recruit the best and brightest America has to offer. Recruiters are tasked with ensuring the Navy active and reserve, officer and enlisted manning levels are met across the fleet. The Recruiting enterprise consists of a command headquarters located in Millington, Tenn., two Navy Recruiting Regions, East and West, and 26 Navy Recruiting Districts which serve hundreds of recruiting stations across the country.
The men and women who join today’s Navy, and the recruiters who help them get there, are a testament to the quality and commitment of today’s young Americans, serving their country with honor, courage and commitment. With 70 percent of the world covered by ocean, 80 percent of the world’s population living near coasts and 90 percent of the world’s commerce traveling by water, providing for the future of our fleet is truly vital to our nation’s defense.
For more information about Navy recruiting, please visit www.navy.com and www.cnrc.navy.mil. Or visit us on Facebook at www.facebook.com\NavyRecruiting and www.facebook.com/usnavylife.
||MILLINGTON, TN, US
This work, Navy Recruiters of the Year announced, by PO2 Tyler Fraser, identified by DVIDS, is free of known copyright restrictions under U.S. copyright law.