Video: Corps Assists National Cemetery with War Department Columns
Video by Patrick Bloodgood
Historic preservation consultants use high tech equipment to get a look inside nearly 120 pieces of stone that once stood outside the war department during the civil war. The ionic stone columns were part of the War Department entrance, which were dismantled in April of 1879 and moved to Arlington National Cemetery where they were re-erected and re-purposed as gates and stood until the early 1970s. Produced by Patrick Bloodgood. Includes soundbites from Mark Liebman, historic preservation consultant. Also available in high definition.