Maintenance window scheduled to begin at February 14th 2200 est. until 0400 est. February 15th


Forgot Password?

    Defense Visual Information Distribution Service Logo

    Beast stomps rivals 28-13



    Story by Pfc. Khoa Pelczar 

    1st Marine Logistics Group

    "Off-fense, 'clap, clap, clap!' Off-fense, 'clap, clap, clap!'" The crowd went wild as they cheered for the Beast. All eyes were on the field as the referee blew the whistle signifying the start of a football game between 1st Marine Logistics Group's football team, the Beast, and 11th Marine Regiment, 1st Marine Division's Cannon Cockers, at the 11 Area football field, Sept. 22.

    Right from the start, the Beast took control of the game. The defense did their job by making sure their opponent wouldn't advance. The offense intensified the team's spirits by scoring the first touchdown of the game and completing a two-point conversion, putting eight points on the scoreboard for the Beast.

    "It feels good to put one on the board for the team," said Raymell D. Stewart, a small arms repair technician for Combat Logistics Regiment 1, 1st MLG.

    Stewart, running back for the Beast, used an opening on the right side of the field to run the ball into the end zone -- too fast on his feet for the Cannon Cockers' defense to react.

    "I have to give it to our linemen," said Stewart, 23, from Los Angeles. "Our line is moving the ball and making things happen. I couldn't have done it without my line."

    Cannon Cockers saw the situation as a wake-up call, and the team started to run better plays and tighten up their defense. The score remained 8-0 for the rest of first quarter.
    The two teams fought hard for every inch, both refusing to give in. The ball was punted up and down the field by both sides. The second quarter was about to be over and the two teams battled to a stalemate. Just when things started to even out, the Beast broke the silence by scoring another touchdown with less than two minutes left in the first half, bringing the score to 14-0.

    Knowing that they were behind, Cannon Cockers stepped up their game and pushed the Beast back to maintain their position. Their hard work paid off as they scored a touchdown, followed by a field goal, closing the gap to 14-7.

    The touchdown drove the Beast to play harder and more intensely. Their hunger to score more touchdowns was satisfied when Richardson Jacques, running back, scored another touchdown for the Beast, increasing the score to 20-7.

    Cannon Cockers replied to the touchdown immediately with an impressive 65-yard kick-return run that brought them two yards away from the end zone. After a hard fight for those few yards, they scored at the last second of the third quarter, changing the score to 20-13.

    The Beast came in strong in the fourth quarter. Steven V. Wade, wide receiver, topped it off with another touchdown. The Beast ended the game with their season's first win by completing another two-point conversion with a final score of 28-13.

    The Beast's coaches congratulated the team for their win, said they played well, hustled hard and deserved the win. The coaches also liked the team's attitude that they brought in the game and wanted them to carry it over to every game left in the season.



    Date Taken: 09.22.2009
    Date Posted: 09.29.2009 17:09
    Story ID: 39455
    Location: US

    Web Views: 192
    Downloads: 144