NORFOLK, Va. – The Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group (HST CSG) is scheduled to return to Naval Station (NS) Norfolk and NS Mayport, Fla., April 18, following a nine-month deployment to the U.S. 5th and 6th Fleet areas of responsibility.
HST CSG consists of approximately 6,000 Sailors and Marines. Deployed units include Commander, Carrier Strike Group 10 staff; Carrier Air Wing (CVW) 3; 1st Combined Destroyer Squadron staff, comprised of U.S. and Royal Navy personnel; aircraft carrier USS Harry S. Truman (CVN 75); guided-missile destroyers USS Bulkeley (DDG 84) and USS Mason (DDG 87); guided-missile cruisers USS Gettysburg (CG 64) and USS San Jacinto (CG 56); and fast combat support ship USNS Arctic (T-AOE 8).
All ships will return to NS Norfolk with the exception of Gettysburg, which will return to her homeport of NS Mayport.
Aircraft squadrons of Carrier Air Wing 3 include: Strike Fighter Squadrons (VFA) 32 “Swordsmen,” VFA-37 “Ragin’ Bulls,” and VFA-105 “Gunslingers;” Marine Fighter Attack Squadron (VMFA) 312 “Checkerboards;” Carrier Airborne Early Warning Squadron (VAW) 126 “Seahawks;” Electronic Attack Squadron (VAQ) 130 “Zappers;” Helicopter Sea Combat Squadron (HSC) 7 “Dusty Dogs;” Helicopter Maritime Strike Squadron (HSM) 74 “Swamp Foxes;” and Fleet Logistics Support Squadron (VRC) 40, Det. 4 “Rawhides.”
While deployed, HST CSG served in support of maritime security operations, multinational exercises, and Operation Enduring Freedom.
For more information regarding HST CSG’s deployment, visit
1. Media wishing to cover USS Harry S. Truman’s arrival to Naval Station Norfolk should contact U.S. Fleet Forces Public Affairs 757-836-0541 no later than 3 p.m., April 17. Advance notification is required for access to the Naval Station to cover these events.
2. The homecoming of USS Harry S. Truman (CVN 75) will be streamed live online. Media wishing to link to the live stream can do so at http://www.livestream.com/usnavy
3. Media wishing to cover USS San Jacinto (CG 56), USS Bulkeley (DDG 84) or USS Mason’s (DDG 87) arrival to Naval Station Norfolk should contact SURFLANT Public Affairs 757-836-3140 no later than 3 p.m., April 17. Advance notification is required for access to the Naval
Station to cover these events.
4. Media wishing to cover the arrival of USS Gettysburg (CG 64) to Naval Station Mayport should contact Naval Station Mayport Public Affairs at 904-270-5226 ext. 1013 or 904-219-4397 no
later than 3 p.m., April 17. Advance notification is required for access to the Naval Station to cover these events.
5. Media wishing to cover the arrival of CVW 3 Aircraft Squadrons should contact AIRLANT Public Affairs 757-444-3373. Advance notification is required for access to cover these events.
|Date Posted:||04.11.2014 15:04|
|Location:||NORFOLK, VA, US|
This work, Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group to return from 9-month deployment, is free of known copyright restrictions under U.S. copyright law.