News: Media Advisory - Samangan Development Conference - July 2
KABUL, Afghanistan - Samangan Provincial Governor’s Office jointly with IDLG and UNDP/ASGP will organize a one-day Conference “Samangan Development Conference” in Kabul to publicize the Samangan Provincial Development Plan and let the donor community and ministries know the priorities of Samangan and see how provincial objectives are placed in the framework of National goals and commitments. Lobby for financial and technical assistance from line ministries and donors to implement the provincial development plan.
Goals of Conference:
• Increase understanding of Samangan’s current situation, such as security, Governance and development, progress to date, priorities and opportunities.
• Strengthen linkages between provincial government in Samangan and key Line Ministries in Kabul, persuading them to communicate better with, and pay attention to Samangan within national Ministry programs.
• Attract international donors and NGOs to Samangan, beyond 2014, by strengthening their linkages to the Provincial Governor’s Office and key Line Ministries.
• Persuade the private sector to take advantage of existing investment opportunities in various areas of Samangan Province.
The following key participants will attend the conference:
• Ministers of Sectoral Ministries
• United Nations Agencies Country Directors
• Donors – Development agencies, international partners
• NGOs / Civil Society Organizations
• Parliament members (Samangan members)
• Provincial Council members (Samangan Province)
• Private Sector
Therefor all the media is kindly invited to participate in the conference and cover this major event. Media will stay with us, from 09:00 AM Till 30:00 PM. At the end of the event, a press conference will be addressed by H.E Abdul Khaliq Farahi D.G of IDLG and and the provincial Governor of Samangan from 14:30 Till 3:00 PM
Date: Tuesday, 02 July 2013
Venue: Government Media & Information Center Hall
Time: 09:00 AM -1500PM
please arrive at 8:30 am
For more details, please contact:
Spokesperson of Independent Directorate of Local Governance
Cell phone: (+93) 700 79 88 00