DVIDSis a state-of-the-art, 24/7 operation that provides a timely, accurate and reliable connection between the media around the world and the military serving in Iraq, Afghanistan, Kuwait, Qatar and Bahrain.
Through a network of portable Ku-band satellite transmitters located in-theater and a distribution hub in Atlanta, Georgia, DVIDS makes available real-time broadcast-quality video, still images and print products as well as immediate interview opportunities with service members, commanders and subject matter experts.
- Facilitates interviews with military personnel and subject matter experts engaged in fast-breaking news.
- Links local, national and international media to military units around the world.
- Enables embedded journalists to transmit broadcast-quality video from the field.
- Fulfills requests for products quickly via satellite, fiber and the Internet.
- Provides a variety of newswire services for media.
- Delivers personalized customized subscription email alerts instantly.
- Coordinates holiday greetings, “shout-outs” and special events programming involving U.S. Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Marines around the world.
- Maintains a searchable archive of video, photo, news articles and audio products.
- Makes content available on a variety of external platforms including social media channels, apps and podcasts.
MissionThe DVIDS mission is to serve as a turnkey operation that facilitates requests for Public Affairs video, audio, still imagery and print products; coordinates interviews with soldiers and commanders in a combat zone and provides an archive for ongoing operations in Iraq, Afghanistan, Kuwait, Qatar and Bahrain.
Press ReleasesDVIDS Hometown News Map Release
New DVIDS Tool Achieves 508 Compliance for Military Units
DVIDS Facebook App Highlights Military Unit Pages
DVIDS Opens Up Comments on Site
DVIDS Content Available on iMediaShare
Latest News Straight From the Frontlines to Your iPad
DVIDS premiers HD live from Afghanistan during Super Bowl XLV on FOX
DVIDS Partners with iTunes
Instant YouTube Uploads Via DVIDS
DVIDS Partners with Gray Television