News: New online resource available to current, future leaders
Story by Airman 1st Class Chris Massey
DAVIS-MONTHAN AIR FORCE BASE, Ariz. - A new training resource is available for airmen and civilians that offers supervisory and leadership development tools.
The Supervisor Resource Center is an online clearinghouse developed to put Air Force tools and no-cost resources at the fingertips of airmen any time of day.
"I'm always looking for new ways to provide training for civilian employees," said Maria Lankford, 355th Force Support Squadron, force development flight chief. "It also gives me a place that I can get professional development to enhance what I already know and learn new things about myself and what I need to improve on my inner management."
"It takes you step by step on things you might want to know about managing tasks and people as manager or supervisor," Lankford said. "It's a great avenue for civilians and airmen to access courses for self-development and self-improvement. Everything is in this one place and can be accessed 24/7."
Here are a few features the SRC offers:
- Learning programs for emerging leaders and supervisors centered around Air Force institutional competencies saving the busy supervisor time. Included are Air Force e-learning courses, books, simulations, skill briefs, and job-aids to jump-start learning and development. Courses include an assessment tool to provide a focused learning experience.
- Access to hundreds of Air Force e-learning courses, books, video challenges, Business Impact series learning tools, simulations, and links to professional sites such as the Center for Creative Leadership, Harvard Business School, Wharton Center for Leadership and Change Management, Leadership Now and Forbes.
- Short video snippets from proven Air Force leaders speaking from personal experience about leadership and supervision.
- Learning and development road maps to help supervisors guide their employees down an appropriate development path.
- Resources tailored to three levels of learning: emerging leaders, first time supervisors, and seasoned supervisors.
- Links to mandatory supervisory training course registration for new supervisors.
The SRC is available on demand to meet the needs of current and future Air Force leaders. People may access the SRC via the Air Force Portal. At the portal pain page, select the "Life and Career" tab followed by the "Force Development (FD)" pull-down. On the left navigation, select "Supervisor Resource Center."