News: Millwood Lake off-season offers relaxed environment
ASHDOWN, Ark. – With fall comes cooler temperatures and reduced traffic allowing visitors to take advantage of Millwood Lake’s many recreational opportunities with a more relaxed approach.
During the fall and winter recreation seasons fewer campsites are available at Millwood Lake. Services as some parks will be suspended Nov. 1 through March 1, 2013.
The following is the status of each recreational area:
Park Campground Boat Ramps
Beard’s Bluff Open Open
Beard’s Lake Open Open
River Run East* Closed Closed
River Run West Open Open
Wilton Landing N/A Open
White Cliffs Open Open
Paraloma Closed Open
Cottonshed North Open Open
Cottonshed South Open Open
Okay Landing N/A Open
Saratoga Closed Closed
* The park is under construction and an opening date is still pending.
All open campgrounds will be available on a first come, first served basis. Reservations will be accepted beginning March 1, 2013.
Recreation information can be found on the Internet at www.swl.usace.army.mil, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/littlerockusace, and on Twitter at https://twitter.com/#!/usacelittlerock.
Date Posted:11.01.2012 16:29
Location:LITTLE ROCK, AR, US
- Corps implements recreational boating lockage policy
- Q-and-A with Little Rock District’s Water Safety Champion Russell Malahy
- Arkansas crappie fishing is lauded by Fishhound.com
- Arkansas governor proclaims safe boating week