News: Ribbon Cutting to be held for Armed Forces Reserve Center in Newark
NEWARK, Del. — The Army Reserve’s 99th Regional Support Command is scheduled to host a ribbon-cutting ceremony to officially open the Newark Armed Forces Reserve Center, July 7.
Scheduled to speak at the event are:
- Maj. Gen. William D. Razz Waff, commanding general, 99th RSC
- U.S. Senator Tom Carper
- Deputy Newark Mayor Jerry Clifton
- Maj. Gen. Francis Vavala, The Adjutant General, Delaware National Guard
When: Saturday, July 7 at 10 a.m. All media will need to arrive at approximately 9:45 a.m. for media brief and escort
Where: 987 Christiana Parkway, Newark, Del., 19713
Background: The 99th RSC is officially opening a brand-new, state-of-the-art Armed Forces Reserve Center in Newark. This complex features a training facility with approximately 81,000 square feet, organizational maintenance shop with approximately 8,000 square feet, and unheated storage building with approximately 1,400 square feet. Total project of $15.3 million was awarded to Pike Wohlsen DAFB LLC of Lancaster, Pa., in September 2009.
This complex is scheduled to be home to approximately 250 Soldiers from the Army Reserve’s 485th Chemical Biological Radiological Nuclear Battalion, 374th Finance Company, 974th Transportation Company, 11th Battalion, Detachment 2, 7221 Installation Medical Support, ARCD 2D Battalion Area 6, as well as the Delaware Army National Guard’s 150th Engineer Company and 140th Engineer Company
The 99th RSC acts as a “virtual installation” that provides world-class base operations support to over 51,000 Army Reserve soldiers, 400 units and 300 facilities for the entire Northeast Region from Maine to Virginia for the Army Reserve in order to give our warrior-citizens and their Families the finest care, support, services and training.
Interested news organizations are invited. Working journalists should have photo ID.
For additional information, contact the 99th RSC Public Affairs Office at (732) 773-3026.
Date Posted:07.03.2012 10:25
- MEDIA ADVISORY: Yellow Ribbon event to assist redeploying service members, families
- Army Reserve drill sergeants bring 'Army Strong' to World’s Toughest Mudder Competition
- Media Advisory: Army Reserve Soldiers to Support World’s Toughest Mudder 2013 Event
- Army Reserve’s 99th Regional Support Command welcomes new commanding general