News: Provincial police headquarters opens in Uruzgan
KANDAHAR AIRFIELD, Afghanistan - Afghan National Police opened a new provincial headquarters in Tarin Kowt, Uruzgan province May 31.
Dignitaries at the ceremony included:
• Amir Mohammad Akhundzada, governor of Uruzgan province;
• Maj. Gen. Salim Ehsas, commander, Afghan Uniform Police Maiwand 404 (responsible for Kandahar, Uruzgan and Daykundi provinces);
• Maj. Gen. Mohammad Zafar, commander of the 48th Brigade of the Afghan National Army;
• Brig. Gen. Matiullah Khan, chief of police for Uruzgan province.
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Afghanistan Engineer District-South contracted for and oversaw construction of the $4 million facility, which will accommodate more than 80 provincial police. The facility includes barracks, offices, a dining facility, clinic, motor pool and vehicle maintenance facilities.
Date Posted:06.02.2012 02:00
Location:TARIN KOWT, AF
- USACE strikes deals with Afghan land owners
- Former soldier, contracting newcomer wins accolades
- U.S. Army Reserve lieutenant colonel is twice the citizen
- Construction under way of ANA brigade compound in Zhari district